Thursday, July 12, 2018

Zambia - Rebecca Krause (7/12)

Good evening from Lusaka!
The weather has been comfortable here for our first day of teaching. Team Zambia headed out after a filling breakfast to six schools to teach and give out gifts. The students and teachers were very welcoming, as was everyone we've met this trip. Our story follows the 7 C's of the Bible as taught by Answers in Genesis. My story is Noah's ark and the Tower of Babel. I was nervous for my first lesson, but by the end of the day, I felt more comfortable. The children loved handshakes, pictures, and feeling my hair (it's soft, I guess). Afterward, we ate at the Hungry Lion, a chicken place, much to Pastor Ibrahim's chagrin. Currently we are relaxing and using the WiFi for messaging, phone calls, and blogging!
It is very humbling to teach here, but I submerge myself in the culture. We reached about 300 souls, many of whom were familiar with the lessons, but not any less excited to meet us. Tomorrow will be a half day, according to Pastor Ibrahim. And thus ends our first day of seven in Lusaka.
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment