Sunday, July 15, 2018

Team TZ - From Moshi to Tanga

Greetings from Team Tanzania! This morning, we were up bright and early, ready to move on to our next location after being in Moshi for four nights. The bells that ring at 5:30am outside our building were a welcomed alarm clock today, as opposed to previous days where we could have used a little less commotion that early in the morning. 


Today our plan is to drive an hour or so south to a village called Mwanga, which means city of light. I am told we will attend a church service when we get there where Pastor Jeremiah, who has been with us since landing in Tanzania, will deliver a sermon. We will then continue on to Tanga.


This is my first mission trip and my first time out of the country, as it is for many of us. We have gotten into the habit of asking each other for a "feelings check" to see how our fellow mission helpers are adapting to these different circumstances we are in. Personally, I find myself constantly being thankful for the little things that make me smile here - the sun peaking out of the clouds after a morning rain, little children grasping my fingers and resting their head on my arm, evening Bible studies with Todd and our group, speaking with pastors here and their hopes for future churches and schools, and the many moments we as mission helpers have laughed and gotten to know each other. 


We've had a few bumps in the road so far, literally and figuratively, but we have seen the Lord's hand in our work here. I pray that He will continue to be with us, and I want to thank all of you who are praying for our safety and continued health. 


- Leah Mackensen




--
Leah Mackensen
Lubar School of Business
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

No comments:

Post a Comment