Tuesday, July 24, 2018

One Thing Needful - Lydia Albrecht

There are many things needed in this life. Water, food, shelter, warmth. Some are more vital than others. But there is one thing needful in this life, and that is faith in our Savior Jesus Christ. If you lack in anything else, it's ok because this earth is just temporary. The past two and a half weeks we have traveled across the wonderful African countries of Kenya, Tanzania, and Zambia sharing this one thing needful, this Good News of God's never-ending love.

Today, Team Tanzania visited a remote Masai village to teach about 120 kids there. While there, my sister and I got the news that our grandpa had passed away. Through tearful eyes, I looked around to see the breathtaking African landscape surrounding me - corn fields, thatched huts, mountains in the distance, baobab trees, and rays of sun beaming out through the clouds. I smiled because I caught the slightest glimpse of the paradise that my grandpa is experiencing right now. My grandpa had the most steadfast and unwavering faith, so I can and he did rest assured that he is now with His Savior. He had that one thing needful. 

We came here to share that one thing needful. That a God who is mighty enough to form the stars and the most intricate parts  inside of you, who was powerful enough to destroy the world in a flood but merciful enough to save a faithful man, who could cause different languages to be spoken with the snap of His fingers, who can raise men from the dead, who even though we don't deserve it was gracious enough to send His Son to take the punishment for everyone, that He loves us all so profoundly that He mercifully saved us so that one day we could be with him in Paradise. What comfort and joy that brings! That is the one thing needful. 

What a blessing it was to share this Good News with my brothers and sisters in Tanzania, and I pray for continued blessings upon them. 

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound 
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see

The Lord has promised good to me 
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

Through many dangers, toils, and snares
I've already come 
His grace has brought me safe thus far
His grace will see me home

When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we'd first begun 



No comments:

Post a Comment