Monday, July 9, 2018

Final preparations

Phil here from Okabena, MN.  I have just left home in Pastor Nolting's car with Jonah and Rebecca.  I am filled with a mixture of nervousness and excitement - but the excitement definitely outweighs the uneasiness.  I am mostly just nervous about the unknown of it all (this is my first Mission trip, actually my first time ever needing a passport!), but I know God is with us all as we begin our trip in His service!  I am extremely excited about meeting our brothers and sisters in Christ in East Africa and also reaching out to those who may have never heard of their Savior Jesus!
Our church service this morning reminded me that both here and across the US, fellow Christians are praying for good weather, safe travels, and the health of all of our team members.  Thank you so much, and please continue these prayers for us as we carry out the Great Commission of our Lord, to "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." (Matthew 28:19)
Thank you so much to those of you who have supported me and others financially, and for the many encouraging words leading up to this journey!
We have a quick night, then an early departure first to the Milwaukee area to meet with most of our volunteers, then a bus trip to Chicago to fly out tomorrow night.
Good night!
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment