Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Goodbye USA & hello Dubai

July 10, 2018
It was so hard to say goodbye to daughters Maggie and Sammie. I've never left them this long before. I know they'll be ok, but I think the moms out there understand where I'm coming from in not getting to see them for 2.5 weeks. I didn't think it was possible to watch your heart walk away from you in Charlotte and still be able to keep breathing ...but here I am in Dubai....breathing. As I anticipated my departure and visualized goodbyes, I began to second guess myself and going on this trip. I have prayed for strength so many times already. While sitting alone in the airport in Charlotte I got an unprompted text from Lana Strike. I don't personally know her well nor had I expressed to her individually the ache of a mother's heart saying goodbye or how I had been second guessing the decision to go, but the text said, "putting the desire in your heart to share His Word with our fellow believers in Christ overseas was not a mistake." And shortly after I read a message from my brother Chad that included "he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me" Matthew 10:37. It's amazing how our Lord reminds us of His promises and comforts us not only through His Word, but also through our brethren!!! It was exactly what I needed to hear to reassure me of God's plan for me participating in this Mission Helper Trip.

We are settled in our hotel room in Dubai for the night. Our flight was somewhere between 13-14 hours long. Very nice plane with both "stars" in the ceiling and our own tv on the chair in front of us. Upon arrival in Dubai arrangements were made for our complementary hotel stay at Copthorne Airport Hotel where we also ate a buffet style dinner. I'm pretty sure we all found something we liked...I mean let's face it...if I found food that I liked, SURELY everyone else did! :-) It's 10:15pm local time and we will meet at 7am for our ride back to the airport. That's all for now. Thanks for all of your continued prayers!!

In Him,
Blair Sydow
Team Kenya

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment