Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Team Zambia - Dani

We made it to Livingstone in the early evening yesterday and jumped right into a busy day of teaching today. We are definitely tired at the end of the day over here in Zambia but there is nothing more exciting than reaching hundreds of listening ears with God's Word. 
I'll be honest, the only thing I was thinking about after arriving in Livingstone after 8 hours (in a van that was filled past capacity over roads that weren't finished) was getting OFF that van. But how guilty I felt when, before exiting the van, Pastor Ibrahim (who occupied a FAR more uncomfortable seat than my own for all 8 hours) asked that we bow our heads in thanks for the safe journey. "Pray without ceasing" is a verse that I have realized I don't follow nearly enough. Here, at Pastor Ibrahim's request and often the request of those at the schools we are visiting, we pray about everything. It is incredible. Somebody gave us some soda as a gift - let's pray about it. We're about to start a day of teaching - let's pray about it. We're turning in for the night - let's pray about it. 
This was a lesson I really needed. It is just one of the many ways that being here as a mission helper has given me the opportunity to also be taught by others. 
We miss you all back home! Team Zambia has avoided illnesses, vehicle breakdowns, etc. up until now but we'll take all the prayers we can get. 
-Dani G

No comments:

Post a Comment